Wednesday, November 16, 2005

"Happy" Blog!

A friend suggested that I should also have one of these! So here I am back to blogging. Well, it so happens that, I have quite a few friends who have spent an year in the country that has always been under consideration in most of my blogs! Quite a few of them started writing blogs and just stopped in a couple of months. The point I am trying to make here is that everybody gets on with their lives! Blogging is not as much fun when you are NOT so much frustrated with life!

Well I have ALL the reasons to NOT be frustrated today! I am going in an hour's time to have a few beers with 5 other guys all of whom are americans and discuss where to buy guns! Yeah you got it right! I am talking about guns. The reason Gulshan Kumar is no more. The reason Sanjay Dutt spent 11 months in jail. (Yeah, you got it right! I got all these wierd examples from a certain gangster who features quite prominently in most of the leading indian dailies these days!) If you still don't know what I am talking about, I am talking about the object loosely shaped on the lines of an inverted "L" with a trigger in between. (I added the "loosely" for all those perfectionists out there who are going to come back at me saying. No way a gun is like an inverted L)

So coming back to the beer gang! The first time I participated in this small party, I was baffled. How the hell can these guys talk about firing guns leave alone purchasing one! Then I realised the big american dream. "Shooting for the stars". Only they plan to do it literally. One guy was extremely disappointed with himself. "The only thing I have ever shot(\been able to shoot) was a bird." Gotta tell him, "You're getting there buddy! All the stars on Ursa Minor are just a stone's throw away!"

So apparently, you can just go to some store and buy a gun. Ok, so I will have a loaf of bread, milk and hey that's a cool gun you got there! I'll have that too!
No licence required! I am pretty sure there is a way of ordering one online too!

Ever since I got an email id of @umd.edu, I get mails like these everyday!

From: Campus Police
Subject: Crime alert


Incident: Assault
Occured: Today
Reported: Today
Location: Address


Brief Details: A whole bunch of crap followed by "the victim then heard a gun shot fired from a semi automatic/ (or worse still) automatic revolver of" such and such caliber and so and so make!

Then comes the best part!!

Prepared by: Police Major
Officer of the chief

They have actually hired a guy whose job is to send these mails everyday! My friends were once working on a business plan and wanted to give me the job of CMO(chief mailing officer). Well they were a bit too late! They already have such posts here! And they obviously don't have to do too much. Hand every other guy a gun and these people won't be out of job!

I was discussing this gun problem with a roommate of mine yesterday. His immediate reaction was, "we should have a gun each too!" And I am very sorry to say, he is absolutely right!

Ok I am off to the gun! Oops! Beer party now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Swamiji...
notice a common trend across ALL aspects of your net life after that rather fateful NY-Wash trip ... there seems to be an abundance of liqor... drunkenness...alcohol....beer...
you know what I am talking about..

Do enlighten us about your recent philosophical changes... on the next blog edition perhaps.